Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY)
A new scheme by Pradhan Mantri – Prime Minister of India is named as Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojna. The scheme holds a one year cover, renewable every year. This is basically an insurance scheme offering life insurance cover for death under any circumstances. Just like Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana. All the bank account holders of age group 18-50 can avail the benefits of the same but one person is eligible to join the scheme only under one bank account.
The only requirement for this amazing scheme is to have the AADHAAR number attached with your bank account. Read our previous posts to know the procedures.
To subscribe the scheme for the time period of 1st June 2015 to 31st May 2016, the enrollment was up to 31st May 2015 only. No, it’s not so late, you can still get enrolled for this scheme till 31st August, 2015 which can be extended to 30th November, 2015 by GOI (Government of India).
Life cover of Rs 2 lakhs i.e. Rs. 2 lakhs are payable on the death of the insurance holder – under all circumstances. No Maturity and surrender benefit is payable under the policy.
Annual premium of Rs. 330/- per member. Once you have enrolled for the policy, the premium will be deducted from the account holder’s savings bank account.
1) One must be a bank account holder and the age should be between 18 to 50 (minimum and maximum age to enroll for the policy). Also, they should have the auto debit facility in their accounts.
2) Individuals who join after the initial enrollment period extending up to 31st August 2015 or 30th November 2015, as the case may be, must provide a self certification of good health and that he / she does not suffer from any of the critical illnesses as mentioned in the applicable Consent cum Declaration form as on date of enrollment or earlier.
Activate Social Security Scheme Through Internet Banking:
1) Log in to your internet banking account and select the insurance option.
2) Then after both the scheme shown to you for selecting.
3) Choose your account through the help of which you want to make payment of your premium.
4) Policy covers nominee details (as per account) , amount, premium amount can be shown. You can select to reproduce the saving account nominee or add used to add newer one.
5) Select from following declarations details:
- Good Health Declaration
- Term and condition / FAQs / Scheme Details
- I do not have any other similar policy
6) Then select the continue button. Then complete information of social security scheme can be shown to you for which you are going to register.
7) If you are agree with the scheme registration and have no objection, then click on confirm.
8) Download Acknowledgement form, which contain unique reference number.
9) You can save the acknowledgement form for future usage.