How To Change Your Aadhaar Card Information Through Online
Applied for aadhaar card but then you realized that you need to update some of the details like: name, address details, date of birth, phone number, gender etc that you have mentioned in your aadhaar card.
Important Note: You must own the valid phone number to update the details online. When you update the details online, you will receive one time password on your phone. So you must have a valid number for this. In case you don’t have the access to the number, you must apply for changes through post.
How To Update The Details Through Online Portal:
The details which can be updated through AADHAAR card’s online portal are:
- Mobile phone number
- Date of birth
Whatever changes you need to make, you’ll have to submit the self attested documents as proof.
- A proof of identity is required to update the Name in AADHAAR card.
- A proof of address is required to update your Address in AADHAAR card.
- A date of birth proof is required to update the Date of Birth in AADHAAR card.
The procedure to update the basic details is very simple:
- Login to self service update portal of AADHAAR card and input your AADHAAR umber.
- Enter the details to be updated in the given form. (You need to enter the details in English as well as your local language, though phone number and date of birth needs to be entered only in English number format)
- Upload the scanned copy of self attested supportive documents.
- Complete the steps to submit the form.
- You will then receive your AADHAAR card update request number. The same request number will be used to track the status of your application.
- The request will then be verified by UIDAI representative and after validation, the changes will be made in your aadhaar card.
- The updated card is then dispatched by the respective authorities and received by you.
**To attest the documents, sign on the photo stated documents and mention your name below it very clearly. This is the proof that the document belongs to you and only you submitted it.
** To know more about the list of the documents accepted to apply for AADHAAR card changes, click here: AADHAAR Card Documents Required for Changes.
You can track your change request or update status through here: Track AADHAAR card Update Request Status Check.